This journal of haute cuisine joins together culinary creations of the professionals most representative of the international gastronomical landscape, of which Ferran Adrià, Quique Dacosta, Andoni Luis Adúriz, Massimiliano Alajmo or Pascal Barbot constitutes famous examples. About 60 elaborations and the development of the most novel and interesting technologies shape this publication. A work of reference to professionals and lovers of cuisine. Published according to the most demanding quality standards, it offers a presentation of avant-garde, excellent photographs and articles reflecting the latest culinary techniques. Originally published in Spanish, it is now available in English.
Heston Blumenthal, the Roca brothers, Pierre Hermé, Quique Dacosta and Wylie Dufresne, among others, are some of the chefs that speak about their latest creations in the first edition of Apicius in English.
This Double Issues set includes Apicius English Edition issues #1 and #2.
* Jordi, Josep and Joan Roca: Cerberus's Caress
* Heston Blumenthal: A Salute to the Senses
* Quique Dacosta & Juanfra Valiente: Artistic Trends
* Carlo Cracco & Matteo Baronetto: A Streetcar Named Expression
* Wylie Dufresne: New York... City?
* Pierre Hermé: Marveled
* Mari Carmen Vélez: Technicolor
* Tana Collados: Twenty-two
Featuring: Régis Marcon, Jonnie Boer, Juan Amador, Mauro Colagreco.
Published in January 2009.
* Philippe Regol: Avant-garde, Globalization and New Terroirs
* Citrus Fruits. The Acid Trip.
Trip One: Michael Troisgros
Trip Two: Yumiko Aihara. Pascal Barbot
Trip Three: Santiago Orts. Rodrigo de la Calle
Trip Four: Corrado Assenza
* Enrico Cerea, Roberto Cerea & Paolo Rota: Raw Fish
* The Missing Link
Xosé Torres Cannas: Lamprey of the 21st Century
Michel Guérard: Lamprey of the 20th Century
* Eneko Atxa: Stealing the Soul of Mother Nature
* Pino Cuttaia: Pure Sicily
* Roger Viusà: I Love Thea! The biography of tea.
* Will Goldfarb: American Beauty
Published in June 2009.
TUNA SPECIAL: EN ROUTE FROM THE MEDITERRANEAN TO JAPAN
1. PURSE SEINE FISHING
To Closed Sea. Paco Marfull.
Purse Seine Fishing.
Slaughter on the Farm.
Captive Breeding of Tuna, an Alternative Future? Silvia Reeds.
Tsukiji Global Fish Market. Julio Lopez.
Tuna in Tsukiji.
A Day in Tsukiji.
Knives and Cuts.
Cutting Step by Step.
PAUL LIEBRANDT "Concentrate on what you have in hand. Excellence is in the details."
JORDI ROCA "I would get a DESSERT that will become a PERFUME"
ANDREA BERTON Trussardi Colorful Kitchen
DAN BARBER The Guru of High Gastropolítica
ANGEL LEÓN Diatoms and Plankton
Published in May 2010.